Monday, December 29, 2008

Looking Back 2008


2008 has been a year with allot of changes, I have never reviewed a year in our lives like this and cannot believe how fast time flies.

January- I turned the big 40, I always thought life got better at 40 and so it does. Living in Kamiah, Idaho, working at the Chiropractic Office as Office manager was not a dream I had. So I turned in my notice and began packing again. Nicholas my oldest son also turned 18 this month but even as an adult he has yet to want to contact us, yes that hurts but all in God's Timing.


February- After my boss in Kamiah had asked me to stay till April, till she had someone trained, I put packing on hold until closer to our move date. Needless to say she came up to me the Friday before my original 6 week notice date and said, "this Friday will be your last day". Wow, we started packing fast and were moved to Richland, WA by the 24th.


March, April and May - I looked for work, everywhere. Just when I thought there was no work to be found I was hired by Visiting Angels the day after I applied on March 30th. Then calls started coming in, I had my choice of where to work.


June and July- Summer went fast. Dustan moved from Kamiah to Richland in a nomad sort of way. And we had a Maxwell reunion in Kamiah in July where we went tubing down the middle fork between Stites and Kooskia. Also my mom and her twin Brother turned 65 and my sister is now a BIG 43.


August and September- I had forgotten I applied as a school bus substitute and since I thought that would work around my home health care job I went for it. Needless to say I have my CDL, and was a sub for 20 days and am now a contracted driver for the school. Also in September I started the RCT/HPT class through Energex. The class is 3 times a week and ends the middle of December.


October and November - Still studying for my class working 2 jobs and cleaning house, and being a mom is trying at times but day by day God gives strength. The kids seem stressed as I do but do their part (with some prodding) to clean, cook the meals, make shopping lists, and help me study, also keep me on schedule ( I have had no days off since July). We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving and spent time with my mom and dad. Always good to go for a visit, and mom's home cooking. My dad went black Friday shopping with me, we got up at 3 am and I drove to Lewiston for a day of fun and crowds.


December- I passed my class, wow it was a challenge but worth it. Now I can apply to work as a RCT/HPT in January when they budget for the new year. Being a school employee, I get Christmas break off ( our pay is prorated, so we get paid when we are on breaks). We shared Christmas eve and Christmas day with Rachelle my BFF (since I was 4 and she was 2). Also in December I started blogging, not a professional yet but having fun.


Time flies so quickly makes me wonder what 2009 will bring, good or bad, I know God is in control and I trust Him.




3 comments:

  1. Leona, this is really nice journaling. I enjoyed seeing your year unfold(in a capsule form). There has certainly been a lot going on in just a short time...and you have accomplished a lot.
    love to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to stop by and say thank you to you for coming and visiting my blog and commenting. I really appreciated your input and value your opinion. I'm so impressed with the load you carry on your plate. You are an inspiration. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you stopping by Mitch's Weight is Over blog.
    You asked about the price.
    Yes you have 2 oz with 8 oz of water twice a day.
    One bottle will last one person a little over a week.
    Depending on how much weight you need to loose, will decide how much it costs all together.
    Mitch has got to loose weight for his health and so for us it has been well worth it as he has tried to loose weight since his heart attach 3 years ago. He has lost 30 lbs and it has been gut wrenching for him. This has been so much better and it is helping him in many other area's too.
    I decided to try it, I had about 10 lbs to lose,now I have 5 lbs. WOO HOO!
    Any more questions, please e-mail me at jomitime@yahoo.com.
    I didn't know how else to answer your question so I put it in your comments. SOrry if it is in the wrong place.
    - Love your family pix! I just love families!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete